Sunshine and flowers

Friends from Berkshire, Somerset and Hampshire were amongst more than 100 worshippers who gathered for Solemn Eucharist on 8th July 2007.

   
This happy service marked the anniversary of the consecration of the Priory Church, which was completed in 1361 by William of Edington, Bishop of Winchester. After church, there was time to chat over drinks in the churchyard before sitting down to a splendid buffet lunch in the adjoining field.

     
The day continued with an enjoyable trail through nine of Edington’s private gardens, both large and small. Beginning in the walled gardens of Edington Priory, the route continued through the Monastery Garden and along Lower Road to the Manor House. Then it was up Greater Lane and back along the main road to the Old Vicarage, before dropping down through Bonshommes Cottage garden for cream teas and cakes at the Plough.
     
But, in this dismal summer of 2007, the unbroken sunshine was perhaps the most remarkable feature of a thoroughly enjoyable day!
 
home | about | news | events | contact
© Friends of Edington Priory Church | Registered charity no: 00268249 | updated 13/10/07